White Chapel Memorial Park Cemetery, long known for its onsite events honoring U.S. veterans, is hosting the Fourth Annual Patriots Race, a running/walking event at its location in Troy on Sunday, Sept. 8, to benefit the nonprofit Michigan Wounded & Returning Warriors Program, an American Legion member organization supporting veterans.
The Patriots Race will begin at 9 a.m. with a 10k and 5k timed race followed by a 1M run/walk.
“Dedicated runners and walkers frequently compliment us on the racecourse and how much they look forward to the Patriots Race,” said David R. Krall, White Chapel vice president. “Our 210-acre park-like setting is ideal for the races. Race experts believe the White Chapel Patriots Racecourse may be the flattest and fastest in southeast Michigan.”
Other highlights include:
- The entire racecourse will be lined with 500 American flags;
- Gold, silver and bronze commemorative Dog Tags will be awarded to top race finishers;
- T-shirts with the Patriots ribbon logo;
- Participation Medal Dog Tags will go to each participant;
- Prizes will be awarded for the most patriotic attire; and,
- Special children’s activities.
“We invite families, veterans and the community to help us support the Michigan Wounded & Returning Warriors Project,” Krall said. “It is wonderful way to enjoy a Sunday morning with family and friends.”
White Chapel Memorial Park Cemetery is located at 621 W. Long Lake Rd. (west of I-75) in Troy.
For more information or to register online, visit www.ThePatriotsRace.com.