One year ago this month, Beaumont Health System, Botsford Health Care and Oakwood Healthcare combined forces to become a new organization: Beaumont Health.
“In 2014, we came together because of our common commitment to make high quality, compassionate care accessible to everyone in southeast Michigan,” explains Chief Executive Officer, John Fox. “Now, we’re in a position to be the leading, value-based health care network, focused on innovation, compassion and extraordinary clinical outcomes.”
During the week of Sept. 7, employees are celebrating this historic event with 35,000 slices of birthday cake being served at all eight hospitals, outpatient and business locations throughout the organization.
Beaumont Health has a net revenue of $4.1 billion, eight hospitals with a total of 3,337 beds, 168 outpatient sites, nearly 5,000 physicians, 35,000 employees and about 3,500 volunteers.
Notable accomplishments achieved throughout the first year include:
- John Fox of Emory Healthcare, named as president and CEO
- Executive team establishes its headquarters at the Southfield Towne Center
- Employee job transfers begin between Beaumont Health sites
- Legacy Beaumont and Oakwood go-live with same version of the Epic electronic medical record system for seamless sharing of patient information; Farmington Hills hospital launches Epic conversion Oct. 1
- Beaumont Hospital – Farmington Hills announces $160 million expansion
- Beaumont Health receives Crain’s Mergers & Acquisitions award
- Beaumont Health finalizes new logo, color and hospital names
- Hospital entrances receive new signage
- Community presence grows with new, Beaumont Health, billboard campaign
- Beaumont Health begins strategic plan development
- Financial synergies result in year-to-date savings of $31 million
Beaumont Health is a not-for-profit organization formed by Beaumont Health System, Botsford Health Care and Oakwood Healthcare to provide patients with the benefit of greater access to the highest quality, compassionate care, no matter where they live in southeast Michigan. The organization has net revenue of $4.1 billion and consists of eight hospitals with 3,337 beds, 168 outpatient sites, nearly 5000 physicians and 35,000 employees and about 3,500 volunteers. In 2014, the combined organizations had 175,675 inpatient admissions, 16,229 births and 492,148 emergency visits. For more information, visit beaumonthealth.org.