Construction will begin later this year on Hyatt House Royal Oak/Beaumont, an extended stay hotel planned for Woodward Corners by Beaumont in Royal Oak, Mich. Colorado-based Pedersen Development Company is financing and developing the project. Olympia Hotel Management, located in Portland, Maine, will manage the hotel.
Expected to open in 2021, Hyatt House Royal Oak/Beaumont will offer the conveniences of hotel living with the comforts of home. The five-story hotel will include 128 apartment-style guestrooms.
“We are thrilled to welcome Hyatt House to the neighborhood. As a good neighbor to our Royal Oak community, we’ll welcome business and leisure travelers looking for a hotel that offers an excellent array of other businesses nearby, including a grocer, restaurants and coffee shops. In addition, the location will be convenient for patients who travel to Beaumont, Royal Oak for specialized medical care and families supporting loved ones receiving treatment,” Beaumont Health Chief Operating Officer Carolyn Wilson said.
Christy Wells, Director of Development for Hyatt, added, “Hyatt House Royal Oak/Beaumont will bring a new and dynamic product to the marketplace, and is a great example of our continued focus on growing premium hotels that will attract business and leisure travelers alike. I want to offer my congratulations and thanks to everyone at Beaumont Health who collaborated with us in order to bring this development to fruition.”
Scott Pedersen of Pedersen Development Company added, “This marks our third Hyatt project currently under development. Hyatt has been a valued partner and we are excited to bring the Hyatt House brand to the Royal Oak market at Woodward Corners by Beaumont.”
Hyatt House Royal Oak/Beaumont will offer:
- 128 apartment-style Kitchen Suites with fully-equipped kitchens, comfy living rooms, spacious bedrooms and stylish bathrooms
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- The Commons, a comfy lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather and socialize, and the Outdoor Commons, which includes an outdoor fire pit and BBQ, the perfect place to sip cocktails and enjoy savory bites
- Complimentary Morning Spread, a full hot breakfast served daily for guests, featuring a build-your-own Omelet Bar and assorted Breakfast Breads + Bowls Bar with steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and more, along with vegetarian and gluten free options
- The H BAR, which features the Sip + Snack Menu, a delicious menu with items including soups and sandwiches, plus premium beers and wines, offered seven days a week
- 24/7 H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches.
- 24-hour Gym to keep fitness routines going
- Gathering Rooms with more than (800) square feet of flexible meeting spaces, a tasty food and beverage menu, audiovisual equipment and a House Host to make sure events are a real crowd pleaser
- Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
- A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping and other personalized perks for guests with 30-plus consecutive nights
- Additional services, including Guest Laundry
- A pet-friendly policy that welcomes dogs or cats
- Complimentary hotel shuttle
For more information, please visit hyatthouse.com.