The Detroit Zoo gets even wilder on Wednesdays during July and August with the annual Wild Summer Nights concert series, presented by Genisys Credit Union. Concerts take place in the Main Picnic Grove from 6:30 to 8 p.m. July 5 through Aug. 30, 2017, and are free with Zoo admission.
Wild Summer Nights features a variety of music from local bands, including children’s, pop, blues, country, rock and classical. Guests are welcome to bring blankets, lawn chairs and picnic baskets; outside alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Food, snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are available for purchase from Zoo concessions.
• July 5 – The Euphorics (pop)
• July 12 – Detroit Social Club (country blues)
• July 19 – Tom Seley and the Troublemakers (children’s)
• July 26 – Michigan Opera Theatre (opera)
• August 2 – Steve King & the Dittilies (Motown)
• August 9 – Athens Creek (indie folk)
• August 16 – Detroit Symphony Orchestra (classical)
• August 23 – Gary Greenfelder Orchestra (big band)
• August 30 – Cosmic Groove (pop)