The American Society of Employers (ASE), one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations, will hold its 14th annual Human Resource Conference and Workshops (formerly known as People, Profit, Progress Conference and Workshops) on Thursday, March 16 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi. The event attracts more than 350 attendees and is the region’s largest one-day Human Resources conference.
Keynote speakers are Jason Lauritsen and Joe Gerstandt, Founders, Talent Anarchy and John U. Bacon, Best-Selling Author, Public Speaker, Radio Commentator & Teacher.
The Talent Anarchy keynote is not for the faint of heart. They will provoke, entertain, educate, and inspire. Jason and Joe share a passion for public speaking and began speaking together as a team in 2006. They found speaking to be a great platform to promote change. In 2007, they chose the name Talent Anarchy to represent both the style and purpose of their work. In time, speaking alone wasn’t enough to satisfy Jason and Joe’s desire to drive real change. In 2011, they published their first book, Social Gravity: Harnessing the Natural Laws of Relationships, which is also the title of their keynote.
Bacon has authored or coauthored eight books on sports and business including Walgreens: America’s Corner Store, Cirque du Soleil: The Spark, and Bo’s Lasting Lessons: The Legendary Coach Teaches the Timeless Fundamentals of Leadership. In 2011, the Michigan Chapter of Meeting Planners International (MMPI) named him “Speaker of the Year.” John Bacon teaches at Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism and at the University of Michigan. His keynote is entitled “Doing HR Better and Liking it More.”
Conference topics and breakout sessions include:
- Metatrends in Human Resources
- Surviving an Organizational Restructure
- Trends, Tools, and Techniques of Recruitment
- He Said, She Said, Who is More Credible?
- Hacking HR: Pursuing Progress Through Deviation
- Employee Recognition – The Most Underutilized Tool in Employee Engagement
- Pre-Employment Testing – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- What Does a Trump Presidency Mean for Employers?
- Delivering a More Strategic HR Function
- Creating High Leverage Organizations
- Building Your Talent Pipeline – 10 Practical Tools
- Accommodate What? A Human Resource Perspective on Managing the ADA
For a complete conference agenda and registration information, please visit the ASE website.
About the American Society of Employers (ASE) – a Centennial Organization
The American Society of Employers (ASE) is a not-for-profit trade association providing people-management information and services to Michigan employers. Since 1902, member organizations have relied on ASE to be their single, cost-effective source for information and support, helping to grow their bottom line by enhancing the effectiveness of their people. Learn more about ASE at www.aseonline.org.