Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2016, Oakland County Parks and Recreation welcomes you to capture and share your park experiences in this free photo contest!
We are looking for all-season photos, so get out there and send us your best!
Submitted photos must fall into the P.A.R.K.S. theme: Park; Artistic; Recreation; Kids; andSelfies. Full category descriptions are included in the Official Rules.
The contest in a nutshell:
- All photos must be taken at any of the 13 Oakland County Parks
- Entries will be submitted via email; minimum size 2MB at 300 resolution
- Limit two entries per category
- Entries must be accompanied by an official Entry Form
- Entries can only be submitted from May 30–Sept. 5, 2016
- Photos will be judged by members of the Oakland Camera Club with Best of Show judged by Spike from Channel 955’s Mojo in the Morning radio show
- All entries and winners will be displayed at OaklandCountyParks.SmugMug.com
A Best of Show will be awarded, along with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners from each P.A.R.K.S. category. The Best of show photo will appear on the cover of the 2016 Oakland County Parks Annual Report.
In partnership with Oakland County Arts, Culture and Film, the top six entries (Best of Show and 1st place in each category) will be displayed at Oakland County Executive Office Building Oct. 4–Nov. 18, 2016. All entries will be displayed at OaklandCountyParks.SmugMug.com.
Normal park entry and user fees are required for admittance to the parks. Consider purchasing an Annual Vehicle Permit for easy access to eight Oakland County parks!
To view the official rules, click here.