Oakland University students carefully marked off a grid for an
archaeological dig geared to uncover what is left of an ice house
researchers believe was used in the 1800s on the estate of former
Michigan Gov. Moses Wisner.
OU Professor Richard Stamps is
convinced the ice house was located behind the summer kitchen at the
rear of the Wisner mansion, which is now part of the Pine Grove Museum
Based on a photo taken of a young boy in 1922 with
what appears to be such a structure in the background, Stamps reasons
what is left of the building is under the herb garden located between
the restored smoke and out houses.
Read the entire article here.