Oakland County Michigan’s Medical Main Street has launched a first-of-its-kind website that features a daily news feed “Story Crawler” highlighting the latest advances from the local life science community.
The website, which is found at www.MedicalMainStreet.org is a valuable resource for hospitals, medical device manufacturers, educators and others involved or interested in the life sciences and is unlike any life science website in the country, said Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson, who founded Medical Main Street.
“We want this website to be the portal to our life science community,” Patterson said. “On the website we have listings of active clinical trials, company lists, university research centers, hospital specializations and much more information that highlights all the resources we already have in the Medical Main Street region”.
The “Story Crawler” feature updates the website with the latest life science information about local companies and the region.
“We have to do a better job of educating the world on the vast resources that exist here in Metro Detroit and specifically in Oakland County,” Patterson said. “You’ll find that on the Medical Main Street website.”
Medical Main Street is on LINKEDIN: Medical Main Street is on LinkedIn to help facilitate partnerships, discussions and collaborations in Southeast Michigan or for those interested in finding partners in Michigan’s life science industry.
About Oakland County Michigan’s Medical Main Street:
Oakland County Michigan’s Medical Main Street is a unique alliance of world-class hospitals, universities, medical device and BioPharma companies creating a global center of innovation in health care, research and development, education and commercialization in the life sciences industry. Visit www.MedicalMainStreet.org to get involved in the medical solutions of the future.
Oakland County Medical Main Street Board Members:
• Ken Matzik, CEO, Beaumont Hospitals
• David Berge, Executive Director, Delphi Medical Systems
• James “Thayer” McMillan, CEO, Ferndale Laboratories
• Nancy Schlichting, President & CEO, Henry Ford Health Systems
• Dr. Gerard Housey, President & CEO- Housey Pharmaceuticals
• Ed Pagani, CEO, Lumigen
• Philip Incarnati, President & CEO , McLaren Health Village
• Stephen Rapundalo, Executive Director, MichBIO
• Dr. Gary Russi, President, Oakland University
• Michael Wiemann, President, Providence Hospital / St. John Health
• Rob Chioni, President, Rockwell Medical Technologies
• Bruce Barrett, President, Somanetics