12th Annual Spooktacular, Auburn Hills
Saturday, October 28, 12-1:30pm
The merchants of downtown Auburn Hills will be handing out candy and other goodies. So bring the kids in costumes for a frightfully good time. There will also be a Halloween magic show at 12:45pm and 1:30pm in the University Center. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Clawson Parks & Recreation and Clawson Youth Assistance invite children in costume and accompanied by an adult to trick or treat on the woodchip trail in Clawson Park. Trick or treat stations will be provided by local businesses and groups. Participants should bring a flashlight and a bag for candy. Donuts and cider will be provided in the pavilion following the Trick or Treat Trail.
Saturday and Sunday October 28-29, 9am-5pm
The orchard has U-pick apples, hayrides, a donut kitchen, a nighttime corn maze, a petting farm, and a fall time fun area.
Saturday, October 28, 6-8pm
Head to the Byers Homestead Annual Boo Bash Event for the local kids. Admission is $2.00 per person.
Saturday, October 28, 5-7pm
It’s the Annual Halloween Spooktacular at the Ferndale Area District Library. The theme this year is circus, and they will have candy, circus and side show performers, face painting and balloons. This is part of Ferndale’s Downtown Trick or Treating Event.
, Madison Heights
Saturday, October 28, 2-5pm
Come dressed in your favorite family-friendly costume and enjoy a Trick-or-Treat Trail, costumed characters, face painting, cider and donuts and a nocturnal nature adventure at Red Oaks Nature Center. Bring a bag for each child’s treats. $5/child, $1/adults by Oct. 25; $7/child after Oct. 25. Call 248-858-0916 to register. Sponsored by KIND Snacks.
Monday and Tuesday October 30-31, 10am-2pm
Come enjoy this seasonal tradition at Kensington Metropark. Enjoy a colorful fall hayride to and from our huge pumpkin patch to select your perfect Jack-O-Lantern. We grow pumpkins and gourds in a variety of popular colors, shapes, and sizes. Pumpkins and gourds are priced according to size.
Corn Maze at Maybury Farm, Northville
Saturday and Sunday October 28-29, 12-10pm Saturday & 12-7pm Sunday
The farm-themed corn maze has doubled its size this year to 10 acres, and includes checkpoints and farm animals inside that you can win prizes for locating. The last tractor leaves for the maze an hour before closing. Admission to the maze is $7 and includes admission to the farm and U-pick pumpkin patch. They will also serve Paramenter’s cider and donuts.
Saturday and Sunday October 28-29, 10am-10pm
Enjoy U-pick pumpkins, a seven-acre corn maze, hayrides, train rides, bonfire sites to rent, a barnyard play land, and a cider and donut hut.
Fall Harvest Festival, Oxford
Saturday and Sunday October 28-29, 10am-5pm
Enjoy fall at the farm as they celebrate the harvest. Harvest Moon Hayrides are also available Saturday from 7-10pm.
Daily, 6am-7pm (cider mill), 9am-6pm (U-pick apple orchard and pumpkin patch)
Erwin Orchards & Cider Mill is open daily during the fall season until October 31.
- U-pick – apples, raspberries, and pumpkins (weather permitting).
- Cider and donuts – cider is pressed by our award winning Master Cider maker. Four varieties of donuts are made fresh every day – apple spice plain, apple spice cinnamon sugar, pumpkin glaze, and pumpkin sprinkle.
- Wagon rides – see the beautiful grounds surrounding the orchard and farm.
- Farmer Bill’s Target Paintball – moving and stationary target practice.
- Mr. Bee’s Big 3-D Adventure – walk through and view this bright, colorful, whimsical, 3-D attraction.
- Corn Maze – try to find the objects hidden within this a-maze-ing and fun adventure (opens Labor Day weekend).
- Goat Walk – pet and feed the cute, friendly Nigerian dwarf goats.
- Sunflower garden – take pictures in front of our beautiful flower garden.
Country Barn – rent our lovely country barn for family, group, church, or corporate functions.
Saturdays and Sundays only:
- Carousel Acres Petting Farm – become acquainted with the animals: a pony, lamb, mini alpaca. You never know what you might see (animals may differ weekly). The petting farm is provided by an independent supplier. Prices vary.
- Mystic Kettle – kettle corn popped fresh on site
- Trike Trail – take a ride along the paved trail on the John Deere tricycles – the little ones love it!
Larry Arbour – Acoustic Folk Rock / Vocal-Guitar (Sundays 2:00 – 5:00 PM)
Please note, since this is a seasonal business, methods of payment accepted are cash or check. For your convenience an ATM is located in the Cider Mill. No debit or credit cards accepted.
Trick or Treat at the Farmers Market, Waterford
Saturday, October 28, 7-10am
Trick or treat with Oakland County Farmers Market vendors and enjoy kids’ games and activities. Sponsored by Genisys Credit Union.
, West Bloomfield
Saturday and Sunday October 28-29, 7:30-10pm
The Haunted Forest returns to the West Bloomfield Adventure Park with a variety of options that are fun for the whole family, including the Haunted Forest, a Haunt & Climb combo pack, and the “Terror Trail” for those who want something a little scarier.
, White Lake
Sunday, October 29, 1-3pm
It’s that time of year when trees creak, doors squeak, and the Environmental Discovery Center puts on a Halloween party for little ghosts and goblins! Dress up in your favorite Halloween costume and come out for spooky fun! Creepy characters will be your hosts for a not-too-scary afternoon of activities and treats. Ages 10 and younger. Please preregister, . Cost is $5 per child.