Calling all epicureans, foodies and gastronomes. OCC’s Culinary Studies Institute is continuing its lineup of offerings and events open to the community. Join the College’s aspiring chefs for a wonderful dining experience, where you can expect the best in food and service at these special winter events held at OCC’s Orchard Ridge Campus.
- Around the World in 80 Days, Apr. 14, at 6:00 p.m. A culinary trip around the world guaranteed to be a thrill from beginning to end. Come enjoy the foods and flavors of exotic locales from around the globe with live entertainment. Discover inventive drinks and outlandish wines and beers. Price is $55.00 per person. Order tickets here.
- Celebrate Spring – Dinner Buffet, Apr. 21, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Join us for our last dining event of the season featuring appetizers, seasonal entrees and beautiful pastries to enjoy at a leisurely pace. Wine and beer are available to purchase at a great value to pair with your meal. Price is $18.00 per person. Paid reservations are required.
- 21st Annual Great Lakes Tasting, May 26, at 5:30 p.m. Over 20 excellent restaurants featuring several alumni chefs, over 500 wines to sample, a selection of Michigan micro-brews and a fabulous dance band! Price is $50.00 per person. Call (248) 522-3700 for reservations.
- The Garden Party, Sunday, June 12, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Meadow Brook Hall. Thegardenpartymichigan.org
- High Tea in Reflections Feb. 11 and April 7, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. A full lunch is included and ladies are encouraged to wear a fabulous hat! High Tea tickets are priced at $25.00 and sold at the culinary office. Advance purchase is required.
- Grand Buffets on March 10 for lunch, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and April 21 for a new dinner buffet from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The menu features appetizers, salads, fish, seafood, poultry and beef entrées, starches and vegetables, and a dessert table. Reservations with a deposit are required.
- The Ridgewood Café – Menu items are freshly prepared from scratch and change daily offering salads, sandwiches, entrées and desserts. Guests are invited to dine in with service or utilize the cafeteria and help themselves. The Café is open 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., most Tuesdays and Wednesdays through April 20. *The Ridgewood Cafe is closed April 8-9.
- Reflections Restaurant – The restaurant’s Prix Fixe $16 menu features a four-course meal with three entrées to select from that change weekly. Reservations are required. Wine and beer are available. The restaurant is open Thursdays, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. through April 21.
- The Bakery is open Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on the third floor of J Building. Purchase breads, cakes, candies, cookies and chocolates. *A special bakery sale is being held on April 14 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
For more event information, visit oaklandcc.edu/culinary.
About the OCC Culinary Studies Institute
OCC’s Culinary Studies Institute is Michigan’s premier hospitality school. The largest of the Institute’s programs, Culinary Arts, gives students a combination of classroom and hands on experience. In addition to extensive time in kitchen labs cooking and baking, specialties such as ice carving and wine and spirits are offered. Students participate in events such as the annual Wassail Feast and Great Lakes Tasting at the student-run Ridgewood Café, a restaurant on the Orchard Ridge Campus.