The Mobile Technology Association of Michigan (MTAM) has recently launched a weekly audio broadcast, Michigan Mobile Musings (http://BlogTalkRadio.com/MTAM), hosted on BlogTalkRadio. The interview-format show will be produced and hosted by MTAM Ambassadors, Melissa Birnie and Lisa Kosak of Grand Rapids, and will feature guests from around the state. Segments are currently 30 minutes in length, but are planned to expand to 60 minutes in the future.
As the state’s trade association representing mobile/wireless technologies, those who provide them, and those who use them, MTAM regularly seeks new ways to promote the efforts of its members, as well as to showcase companies throughout the state – in every industry – that are utilizing these technologies to improve the way we conduct business and live our lives.
The purpose of the show is to:
- Provide a platform to educate MTAM’s statewide, national and international audience about companies in Michigan doing exciting work in the mobile/wireless space
- Increase awareness about Michigan firms – in all industries – using these technologies to increase their productivity and profitability so they are seen as leaders in their respective fields
- Provide education about the diverse technologies and the complete mobile/wireless eco-system
- Promote mobile/wireless-related events, particularly those taking place in Michigan, or national/international events that will feature Michigan companies
- Educate about current and future career opportunities available – in every industry – because of these technologies
- Showcase Michigan-based mobile/wireless technologies educational resources that are among the leaders in the nation
Weekly segments of the show will explore the diverse types of mobile/wireless technologies; how they’re being utilized in every industry including automotive, government, healthcare, manufacturing and many others; along with companies who are providing services from apps to infrastructure to hardware and more. Additional topics will include: upcoming events, industry trends, careers, education/training available and much more!
Most in Michigan – and outside the state – have little or no awareness of the national and global leadership role that the state plays in many sectors of the mobile/wireless industry says MTAM’s Executive Director, Linda Daichendt. “Michigan is already a global leader in the Connected Vehicle space, we’re making tremendous advances in the mHealth space, and strong growth in the area of ‘Internet of Things’ is enabling Michigan firms to make significant impact in many other industries as well. It’s MTAM’s job to increase awareness of the exciting work being done here, as well as to showcase the way these technologies are creating jobs and having substantial positive impact on the state’s economy. The work Melissa and Lisa are doing with this show will greatly contribute to MTAM’s ability to put Michigan firms in the spotlight,” says Daichendt.
Listeners can access the show on the BTR site at http://BlogTalkRadio.com/MTAM, or they may access the episodes via a ‘player’ on the ‘Mobile in Michigan’ page of the MTAM website at
http://www.gomobilemichigan.org/about/mobile-in-michigan.html. Guests will also be able to add the ‘player’ to their own websites to promote their appearance on the show.
Those interested in appearing as guests on the show should contact MTAM at info@GoMobileMichigan.org.